- I belong to the hanafi fiqh, can I listen to the tafseer by Dr Israr ahmad.
- Should a child 10 years of age or less has to perform the qada for a salat that is missed on its actual time?
- Can any surah of Quran (long or short.. that one has memorized) be read without ablution or uncovered head (for ladies) walking around in the house. Can any part of Quran be read during menstruation, I’ve heard that one can read in one’s mind (the ones which have been memorized) without moving the lips or the tongue.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
1) In principle, it is not permissible to rely on the Tafsir of any Non-Ālim. Dr Isrār Ahmad by his own admission was not a religious scholar (Ālim). He was a medical doctor by profession. Dr. Israr Ahmed was influenced by Maulana Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi and used to refer to “Tafheem Al-Qur’an” of Maulana Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi which is not reliable.
Hazrat Mawlānā Yūsuf Ludhyānwī Shahīd’s (rahimahullāh) has pointed out the incorrect views of Dr. Israr Ahmed in his book “Dawr e Hāzir Meh Tajaddud Pasandoh ke Afkār”. We advise you to follow the Tafsīrs of other reliable ‘Ulamā like the Tafsīr by Mufti Abdur-Raheem Limbāda Saheb Damat Barakatuhum which may also be found online at www.tafseer-raheemi.com. You may also refer to Ma’āriful Qur’an by Mufti Shafi Usmani Saheb Damat Barakatuhum.
2) Generally, a child ten years of age is a minor. Principally, a minor is not mukallaf (obliged) to legally follow the laws of Shari’ah. Whilst he should be trained to perform the Salāh if he happens to miss the Salāh, he is not obliged to make Qadhā of the missed Salāh. The parents may make him perform Qadhā to train and nurture the child.
3) It is permissible to read the Qur’ān without wudū or with the head uncovered.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Student Darul Iftaa
Chicago, IL, USA
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.