THE FALLACY OF THE MAJORITY
ABOUT the majority, the Qur’aan Majeed states:
* “Verily, Allah is most Munificent to mankind, but the majority of mankind is ungrateful.”
* “And, if you should follow the majority on earth, they will mislead you from the Path of Allah.”
* “The majority of mankind knows not.”
* “The majority of people have no Imaan.”
* “The majority of people are faasiqoon.”
* “The majority among you detests the Haqq.”
* “The majority of you are jaahil.”
* “Their majority follows nothing but conjecture.”
* “Their majority is kaafiroon.”
* “In fact, their majority does not know the Haqq, hence they turn away
* “Their majority abhors the Haqq.”
* “Their majority are liars.”
The majority almost always comes within the scope of one of the aforementioned Qur’aanic epithets. In terms of the Shariah, ‘majority’ is not a
An act does not become a Shar’i lawon the basis of ‘majority’.
If a majority view is in conflict with Shar’i daleel it will be mardood (rejected).
When people who follow their vain desires and worldly objectives are bereft of Shar’i proofs,they seek to save their position with the dumb majority.